murcia

Portal de Lorca

www.portaldelorca.com

Lorca - SpanishLorca - English
detail of Lorca

 

The Mayor highlights the impulse for the recovery of the Lorca monuments made today by Fernando López: 1.5 million to recover the Casino and the facades of the Employer Sanctuary (22/05/2019)

• Fulgencio Gil: "while others have robbed us of the IBI bonus to those affected by the earthquakes, the arrival of the AVE and even the water, the Lorca have an ally in the Regional President, who does respond to the projects that Lorca needs"

The Mayor of Lorca has welcomed the approval by the Regional Government of our President Fernando López Miras of two important investments for our city that will allow the recovery of the Casino (1.4 million) and the restoration of the facades of the Sanctuary of the Virgen de las Huertas (162.856 euros).

These decisions of the Regional Government ratify the commitment to our land of the President, who has always opted to help the growth of our city from all areas of responsibility, and today we receive a new impulse that we can feel satisfied all Lorca.

It is evident that Lorca can not be stopped, and with Fernando López we have a President of guarantees, who knows perfectly our needs and shows a special sensitivity with his city.

It is about new and important interventions in the cultural heritage of our city.

In the first case we are talking about almost 1.4 million for the recovery of the Artistic and Literary Casino of Lorca, which will be delivered to the Casino Association of Lorca for the restoration of the property.

This action is included in the Master Plan for the Recovery of the Cultural Heritage of Lorca.

The works that will be carried out in the building, cataloged by its cultural relevance with degree of protection 2, are intended to restore the damage suffered after the earthquakes of 2011. The Lorca Casino Company built that building on a previous one , the Hospital of San Juan de Dios, which had been disentailed.

The first remodeling of the building began in 1885 and did not end until 1914.

Located between the streets Pío XII and Lope Gisbert, it is a large building with an eclectic style.

The interior has two prominent spaces: the entrance hall, which has a large skylight and an imperial staircase, and the Ballroom, which highlights the decorative paintings made by Francisco Cayuela, Luis Tornero and Sánchez Carlos, as well as the Blas Latorre reliefs.

The Lorca are also congratulations because the Government of Fernando Lopez has also approved this morning a grant for the restoration of the facades of the Sanctuary of the Virgen de las Huertas de Lorca, a symbol of true Lorca pride.

The Governing Council has approved today, at the proposal of the Ministry of Tourism and Culture, a direct grant worth 162.856 euros to the Order of Friars Minor (Franciscans) for the restoration of the facades of the Church-Sanctuary of the Convent of Santa María la Real de las Huertas de Lorca, one of the main buildings damaged in the earthquakes that occurred in 2011.

This property, declared an Asset of Cultural Interest (BIC), is included in the Master Plan for the Recovery of the Cultural Heritage of Lorca, set in motion after the earthquakes by the Autonomous Community in collaboration with the central Government and the City Council and in the that the Bishopric of Cartagena also participates.

The works consist of the restoration of the façades of the sanctuary, as well as the realization of a perimetral drainage of the crypt and the structural reinforcement of the dressing room of the Virgen de las Huertas, carving that was recovered by the Restoration Center of the Region of Murcia .

Since the earthquakes of 2011, the Community has invested in the recovery of Lorca's patrimony around 25 million through the funds provided by the European Investment Bank (EIB).

At present, almost all the properties declared of Cultural Interest (BIC) have been restored and other emblematic buildings such as the Collegiate Church of San Patricio, numerous churches, the Palace of the Huerto de Ruano, the Archaeological Museum and the Source of Gold

The Franciscan convent of Nuestra Señora la Real de las Huertas was built at the end of the 15th century (it was the first settlement of the Franciscans in Lorca), but the flood of 1653 destroyed it almost in its entirety.

The current church-sanctuary was completed in the mid-eighteenth century, becoming one of the most outstanding Lorca religious buildings.

Source: PP Lorca

Notice
UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 - ER-0131/2006 © 2019 Alamo Networks S.L. - C/Alamo 8, 30850 Totana (Murcia) Privacy policy - Legal notice Región de Murcia
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para facilitar y mejorar la navegación. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas su uso. Más información